Markets: Lodging

  • Noise Impact Studies – Most lodging facilities are built in areas with high visibility and convenience, often near an airport or busy roadway.  Consequently, these facilities are also exposed to high sound levels from transportation sources and require a noise impact study be completed before the project can be approved from the planning department of a city or county.  These facilities must meet interior sound level limits as required by the Uniform Building Code (UBC), California Building Code (CBC), California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and the local jurisdiction’s Noise Element of the General Plan.
  • STC/IIC Requirements – The UBC and CBC also require that walls between adjacent lodging units meet minimum Sound Transmission Class, STC, ratings.  Floor/ceiling assemblies must meet both minimum STC ratings and minimum Impact Insulation Class, IIC, ratings.
  • Conference & Meeting Rooms – These spaces often require many of the services offered by AEC including control of reverberation, sound isolation between adjacent spaces (especially those that use acoustically problematic operable walls), control of background sound levels from the HVAC system, and design of audiovisual systems.
  • Other Acoustical Issues – Includes mechanical acoustics and plumbing noise issues for lodging units.

Residential Areas

From controlling noise from traffic or HVAC systems to home theater design, controlling noise and vibrations are paramount in residential areas. Read More >>

Noise and Vibration Control

Control of background sound and vibration levels is important in every building from concert halls and recording studios, to classroom and office buildings. Read More >>

Environmental Acoustics

Noise from the outside environment can be very disruptive to any building, therefore the need for proper acoustical separation from outside environments is key to any building. Read More >>